Thursday

20p


another cold, rainy day - my kind of day
except when i'm feeling poorly
but my day has been brightened up with tulips
popped into my local, favorite supermarket,
looking seriously bedraggled
a friendly fella at work in the flower section said:
'' 'ere take these for 20p!''
he placed the discount sticker over the barcode and gave them to me
''if they question the price at the till, just tell them tim gave you them!''
there is something nicely old school about him,
like he works in his fathers store and knows all the customers.

of course a couple of the stems were broken, but it still made my miserable day!

ohh and the lamp in the picture is my current favorite,
i think i am starting to develop a certain penchant for lamps,
have definitely got the beginnings of a collection...hmmm

2 comments:

Anne said...

Hooray for Tim and his tulips indeed.
Hope you feel better soon, honey.

Christine Clemmensen said...

Wow, you have cool stuff here - and on your website. Found you via Eddy and Edwina. I'm glad I did